District Nurses carry out many roles for housebound patients, including:
- General nursing procedures and investigations
- Post-surgery care
- Assessment of patients’ needs
- Care for terminally ill patients
- Loaning of equipment
- Looking after wounds and leg ulcers
- Educating patients about self-care
Referrals can be made by a Doctor or nurse at the practice, patients themselves or by carers and family members.
Support to stay in your own home
If you want to live as independently as possible, you may need support to stay in your own home. The health and social care trust in your area can provide services to help you.